Situations, Scenes & Circumstances

“The Agent of Ascension”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo hybrid

Situations, Scenes & Circumstances

Im excited to share a growing body of work that revolves around the idea of reality perception. Particularly, through the use of an environment. It happens via an existing photograph that I have taken, found or created (with software.) A tension is created between wanting to create the reality mixed with transcending what is already in existence. A hybrid form / mixed reality, but what exactly is “reality”? As 3D software and it’s capabilities accelerate, more and more people will be building their own “realities”.

Perhaps there is a 100th monkey effect energy to that in and of itself…

The tools used below, well, simply, an iPhone for capturing a moment, adobe photoshop for creating assets and manipulating those moments, adobe dimension for applying 3D assets into the existing moments. Output is rendered to JPEG format for all devices to view easily. The process allows for me to push and explore new ways to use and integrate digital photography while also digging into new visual effects and aesthetics for “image-making”. It takes a lot of practice to identify the “gems” but this depends on the viewer. The process is unlimited and so much fun. One of my goals in 2023 is to record my process while I work, most of these pieces happen in immediacy, and take between 10-20 minutes to complete. Should I add these to my YouTube channel?

I also wanted to play with titles. Titles are very important / interesting and give so much context while engaging the viewer to connect.

This is a perfect project for digital storytelling, creative writing prompts and creating narratives. 

Let’s see what we got here below!

“The Occurrence of the Arrival Pods”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“Fragments & Byproducts from the Activation Portal”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“A Metaphor at the Station of Your Emotions”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“The Day that You Were Born”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“The Problem Solver”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“A Disturbance in the Matrix”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“A Surprise Visit from the Inner-Agent”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“Bi-Locational Transparency”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

“The Release of the Blue Portal”, 2022, Digital Illustration / Photo Hybrid

As always, your feedback and comments are welcome below!